Monday, March 1, 2010

Weekend Update

This weekend was really just a laid back weekend. Friday, I had dinner with my brother at Sam Seltzer's. We both had the Prime Rib and creamed spinach. Cameron loves the creamed spinach, but I think it's a little too sweet and this batch was not thick at all. It was runny.

Saturday I just laid back and relaxed. I bought a gift for a baby shower I was invited to on Sunday. I watched the marathon of Pit Boss. I took a long nap. I don't have very many days like that, so it was nice.

Sunday morning, I stayed in bed until 9:00am. After breakfast, I watched some Food Network. I watched Ina Garten, Guy, and Bobby Flay's show "Grill It." I don't grill, but after that show there are a few things I'd like to try.

My cousin's baby shower began at one. It was adorable. She had baby clothing hung up all over the house above all the windows. All the doorways had lines of socks. Nearly all the women in my family were there, so we took many, many pictures. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard with my cousins.

My aunt made amazing food. She made black beans and yellow rice, Spanish style pork, Cuban bread, and salad. My Aunt Rayna made amazing blueberry and cherry muffins. (She gave me the recipe last week, so if you're lucky I'll share it.) They got a cupcake cake from Sam's Club. I'll admit that I was skeptical, but it was the best cupcake I have ever had. That frosting was thick and delicious.

I don't usually enjoy baby showers, but this one was pretty good. There were no crazy shower games, just a lot of relaxing with people you don't see very often.

No comments:

Post a Comment