Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jazzy's BBQ

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine suggested that we go to Jazzy's BBQ for lunch. I decided to try it since I've heard so much about it. I love food, so any opportunity to expand my horizons is welcomed.


What you see here, from left to right, is Corn Bread, BBQ sauce, Sweet Potato Pie, Collard Greens, Macaroni and Cheese, and BBQ Ribs.


I'll start at the top and go item by item:

Corn Bread - Amazing. I loved it. It wasn't too sweet or dry. It was moist and blissful cornbread perfection.

BBQ Sauce - Good Stuff.

Sweet Potato Pie - It's the most amazing thing I think I have ever eaten. Seriously. This size pictured is the small and I sincerely wished I had sprung for the large. The pie crust is sweet and the filling and smooth and perfect.

Collard Greens - Good enough for my kitchen and good enough for my grandma.

Macaroni and Cheese - The dark spot in this otherwise delicious meal. It seems that they use chunks of bread in it. It's absolutely awful and flavorless. I'm not sure how this passes their test, because everything else is so full of flavor. It wasn't a lack of salt. It was a lack of flavor altogether.

The Ribs - The Ribs were very good. Even if you didn't douse them in BBQ sauce, they were delicious and not at all dry.

The Bottom Line: Try Jazzy's but skip the Mac N' Cheese.

Jazzy's is located at 5703 W Waters Avenue, Tampa, FL 33634. You can call for pick up at (813) 243-8872.

4 comments:

  1. I like the food reviews. You had me at sweet potato pie. Next time I go back to AFA in St. Pete I will stop in for a bite. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    What do you charge for a 5x10 climate control storage? Any chef discounts? haha. I need to store some stuff asap.
    James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buh wha? We used to go to Jazzy's specifically FOR the Mac-N-Cheese. Sometimes that's all I would get.

    Oh, yeah...and ummm....congrats on getting married and stuff..

    Who is James??

    ReplyDelete
  4. James was Santa for a year.

    ReplyDelete