Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tuesday Tunes

Today I heard some good stuff on the radio. I listen to a lot of different kinds of music, but recently I've been letting Country and Bluegrass fill up my mornings.

This song is so pretty, but incredibly sad. Personally, I'm glad I saw it without the video. What is happening to their heads? It's like the Bee Gees stylist from the 70's and Justin Beiber's current stylist got together to form some Hellmouth of hair. I'm going to get sucked into the 13 second mark and buzz those boys. Also, what's with the weird suits and skinny ties? I think the woman is very pretty in the kind of striking way. She has a mouth like Tyne Daly, who I like a lot. Her hair reminds me of Rod Stewart, but that's okay.

Lyrically, it's a lovely song.




I hadn't heard this one for a long time. I was about a block from work, sitting in traffic, when it came on. Thank goodness for that, because I cried my face off. You can't be driving down the highway crying. It's just dangerous.

It just reminds me of a conversation I had with my father when I went to see him for the first time since I was about 4 or 5. I was in my early twenties with children of my own and it put me in a perfect position to try and understand.




This one is really happy, thank goodness. In all honesty, I started my morning with this, but after the other two I figured we could all use a happier song.

No comments:

Post a Comment