Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend Update: BIRTHDAY EDITION

Friday, as previously posted, was my birthday. This is how the weekend went down. (Prepare for excellence.)

Friday night, I was taken to Bern's for an absolutely wonderful dinner. It's one of those experiences that was so awesome that I am not entirely sure if I can write about it without sounding like a complete idiot. I had a Merlot that didn't taste like poison. We had hours of conversation. The food came and went and it was brilliantly served. The building alone could be written about for hours. I have to say that the lobby took my breath away. It is a brilliant shade of red with paintings and lights covering the walls. One set of lights was huge. It looked like an iron tree with orange orbs all over it. It cast a light over the whole room and inspired an otherworldly feeling.

Saturday, I played Rock Band with Sadia for hours. I am a (fake) ROCK GOD! It was awesome. Later, I had dinner with Bob at Vallarta's. He gave me a router for my birthday. While we were finishing up, I received a frantic call from my mother. She was certain my little brother was going to kill himself and that it was a race against the clock. Bob wouldn't let me go home alone. He figured if my brother was dead that I might need a little mental back up. I suppose that might have been true.

I arrived at my house and noticed all of the lights were on. This was a sure sign that my brother was home. I looked through the blinds and I could see that he was unconcious, but only his head was visible. I opened the front door to find him passed out, drunk, naked, and spread eagle. I may have cursed very loudly. I then screeched his full name and told him to cover up. There was a slight movement in which he barely covered himself. Bob and I entered and tried to get him to tell us what he had been drinking or what he had taken. He couldn't really speak. He sat up briefly, looked confused, and then grunted a name. This name made Bob and I look at each other in confusion and then burst out laughing.

It turns out that my brother drank himself into a stupor and somehow ended up naked. He is not sure how that happened. When questioned about tthe name he uttered he basically said we would never speak of it again. He slept the booze off and my mother was relieved.

Sunday, I hung out with Sadia ALL day. We were supposed to go to the beach but it rained, so we playted Yahtzee instead. Eventually, I wanted some Courtney time so I went home. I had just fired up a video game when my phone rang. It was Sadia and she wanted me to come bowling. I said no at first because I bowled so well last week. (I got a score in the thirties in the first game and in the forties in the second game.) Sadia persisted and I said I'd go if I didn't have to drive. She agreed to pick me up and we were off.

We arrived at Florida Lanes on Florida Avenue at about 8:30. We began bowling around 9pm. I had way too much to drink, but I bowled much better. The Bowling alley had a killer jukebox and we ended up dancing to Michael Jackson and Rush. We are totally awesome.

Things to say while bowling:
  • Put some stank on it!
  • Have another beer!
  • Yelling out the outcome of the throw is good too. (STRIKE! GUTTER BALL! SPARE!)
Needless to say, I was less than sober when I was delivered to my door. I made a sandwich and cut some cake. I then sent out a text message to a bunch of people telling them that I was eating a sandwich and cake. I then ate the sandwich and cake. After I ate, I fell asleep.

6:30am was UGLY. My head hurt. My cats were stomping all over me, I was hot, thirsty, and sweaty. I got up, showered, and made my lunch. I headed to work and had a really productive day. The weekend is officially over.

No comments:

Post a Comment