Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving post.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. All of the food, none of the gifts. I will have Max and Annika with me and we are going to my Grandmother's. There will be turkey and collard greens and everything that is truly important in the world.

I am grateful for so many things this year. You all know that I love bullet points, so here is the list of things that I am grateful for:

  • My children are healthy.
  • I have a reliable car.
  • My parents love me.
  • I have awesome cats.
  • I have a job that I like.
  • I have some ideas that I know will work out.
  • I have friends.
One of the most significant things that happened in the past month could have really made me feel depressed and weak, but it didn't. Sadia yelled at me that I should feel empowered because of it. She felt so strongly that she took a post-it note and wrote "Feel Empowered!"on it. She stuck it on my monitor and demanded that I leave it there. She then wrote another post-it note saying that our co-worker agreed with her and stuck that next to the first one. I come into my office every morning and I see that post-it note and I feel empowered, even if it is only for a brief time. I am grateful for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment