Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving was wonderful.

We went to my grandmother's house and my family was there. The weather was great and it got cooler as the day went on. It made it perfect for all of the playing and exploring we did. I'll admit, I mostly talked to the ladies and then I took a tour of the property by myself.






This property has been in my family since before I was born. I love it. I feel like it's a part of me. This land feels like a family secret to me. I climbed these trees as a child. My Uncle Fred would take us on long walks through the property and tell you stories along the way.

The only time I ever ran away was here. It was less of a running away experience and more of a hiding with the cows until my mother left me experience. I don't regret it and I doubt I ever will. My grandmother has lived so much life that there isn't much about me that she doesn't understand. She loves me and I'm not sure there is anything that I could do to change that. It always feels like I am at my home base when I am there.

I also visited all of the animals when I there. The chickens seems to get more colorful every time I visit. They are Rhode Island Reds. I was given two dozen eggs and I was thrilled. I love farm fresh eggs.




I hope Grandma has her Pre-Christmas party again this year. I can't wait to go back, but I won't go on Christmas day.

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment