Saturday, August 7, 2010

Today's adventure

After I posted this morning, we left the house and drove to my mother's office. We were welcomed in, handed water with lemon, offered sliced apples, and then my husband entered my mother's office. The children played with the Nintendo DS and ate apples. I tried to relax, read CNN on my husband's iPhone, and waited for my turn.

My husband came out looking refreshed and was whisked away to talk to someone else in the building. My mother brought me into her office and began my treatment. It was absolutely wonderful. She laughed because I was so incredibly tense, but that's nothing new. Relaxing is not something I'm good at.  Her office was incredibly soothing with soft music in the background. It was the best hour ever. I left that room feeling refreshed and more relaxed than I'd felt in months.

After we finished with my mother, we went to Tastee Treat and we all had ice cream. I love soft serve ice cream. I briefly considered how much it would cost to get a soft serve machine in the house, but I didn't see my husband living the dream with me so I let it slide.

After that, it was onward to Ikea. We planned to be there for a short amount of time, but it's like being sucked into a vortex. It was suddenly 6pm and we were all starving. How convenient that they have a restaurant with things I love there. We all got Swedish Meatballs except for Annie who stuck with pasta. We all got full meals, drinks, and 2 desserts. It was $17.62. I was confused. Apparently, they are running some sort of "Kids Eat Free" promo. How awesome was that?

After we ate, we took another stroll around the store. It was quick and to the point. We bought two bath mats and a rug for our living room. By this time, I was ready to leave and take a nap immediately. I'm not getting a nap, but we did leave. I remain ready for a nap, but in about an hour we're all going to bed, so I can't complain too much.

Ikea kind of sucks the soul out of you. You're so excited to be there, but by the time you're finished you feel like you've visted Hotel California.

No comments:

Post a Comment