Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Update and Music Monday!

 This weekend flew by. We had dinner with my mother on Friday night. We went to Sweet Tomatoes. It's one of those situations where the kids like getting to pick whatever they want to eat and I like that the choices are pretty healthy.

Saturday, we saw Toy Story 3. I cried a lot. I'm not going to give anything away, but I think if you liked the other two you'll like this one. We had ice cream after the movie and then we went to our friend John's house for dinner. John made homemade wings and french fries and our friend Norb brought some amazing pizza. It was from The Pizza Oven and if you are in the Tampa area and you like Pizza I recommend you try it. (Also, try the flan. I don't even like flan most of the time and this was amazing. It wasn't too gelatinous, if that makes any sense. I can't deal with slime and this is a nice custard. Follow them on Twitter here.)

At one point during the evening, John's dog dropped his bone down the stairs and chased it down. It sounded like a body to me, and I wasn't the only one to think so. Before I could get to the stairs and find out if everyone was alright, my daughter yelled "Mom!? Are you okay?!" She knows me pretty well. I am the Queen of Clumsiness.

Sunday, we just chilled out at the house. Max and I made chocolate chip cookies. Annika played TMNT: Turtles in Time. I made a pretty sweet lunch that everyone actually liked for once. I made a pork loin, black beans and rice, and then we had a salad too. The black beans were really good. I didn't even mess up the rice this time! It was like a pre-4th of July miracle. Especially when Annika cleaned her plate with minimal fuss AND said the beans were really good. I was thrilled.

Sunday night, James and I took it easy and had dinner at Steak N' Shake. Is it wrong that I think Hardee's has better onion rings? (I never used to eat there, but my husband says where he is from they have them all over the place and in some cases they are more popular than McDonald's and Burger King. I only have had a few things there, but I like their Frisco sandwiches. My love of Sourdough bread strikes again, I suppose.) We came home, he played around on the computer, and I played Urbz: Sims in the City.

Now, Monday is here. I cried when I woke up because I didn't want to get up and go, but then I told myself to stop being a baby. I'm having a baby, not becoming one. I don't necessarily feel any better, but then I don't feel any worse.

This work day was brought to you in part by the following:





Michael Buble - Cry Me a River.
(Very large opening, musically. I love it.)




No Doubt - Spiderwebs




OutKast - Morris Brown
(Yes, I do have a very weird taste in music. Very simply put, I like it. Well, unless I don't.)

No comments:

Post a Comment