Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mid-Week Update

It's been a while, so I'll start from last week. Pregnancy has taken my ability to stay up past ten and, until yesterday, I didn't have a personal computer to use at home. Now that I have this laptop setup, I should be on a more normal schedule.

Last week was my son's ninth birthday. It was hard to believe that he was already halfway to legal adulthood. Beyond that, it's hard to believe that 9 years ago I had my first child and later this year I'll be giving birth to my third child.

                                           Annika at Max's birthday party.

I already feel so connected to this little unborn boy. I'm not able to think of him as a fetus or anything other than a baby. He moves around constantly. It feels like having a giant fish bowl in your body. We still have not decided on a name, but I'd be a big fat liar if I said I hadn't fallen completely in love with the name Jack, though Jackson is also acceptable.

I've been watching huge amounts of The Big Bang Theory. It's arguably my favorite show of all time, after Star Trek. I find myself laughing hysterically and almost to the point of tears. I feel like I know these guys. They remind me so much of my friends. If you've missed it, I recommend you catch up. Now. I'd also be lying if I didn't tell you that I'm terribly attracted to Sheldon, played by Jim Parsons. You know I can't pass up a smug know it all.

An interesting thing that I learned this week. My husband vacuums the futon. Seriously. He uses a regular full size vacuum cleaner and no attachments. I suppose this is not terribly abnormal. It seems quite practical really, but I've always been the type of person to simply wash the cover.

This morning, I have a doctor's appointment and then a long day at work.

Tomorrow, my son and his brother will be doing a fashion show at Countryside Mall. (He claims to be a fashion model now.) The show is at seven, so if you want to see children modeling mall clothes come see me!

No comments:

Post a Comment