Thursday, January 28, 2010

Restaurant Review - Petra

Monday night, Meg and I went to Petra, a Lebanese restaurant in Tampa. Meg had been telling me about how wonderful the food was, so we decided to go.

The first thing that you notice when you pull into the little shopping center is that Petra also has it's only little grocery store. I was filled with glee. When I go to Middle Eastern markets, they always have my tea, Ahmad of London's Earl Grey. I LOVE this tea, but the regular grocery stores don't sell it. The grocery store is full of delicious things that the American grocery stores don't carry.

Petra is not exceptionally fancy, but they are really clean. There are plenty of tables and the staff is friendly. They do not have a soda fountain, but I don't drink much soda, so I thought that was alright.

All food is made fresh, so expect to wait about twenty minutes to get your food. It's well worth the wait. You are served pickled vegetables and pita. The vegetables were delicious. It's a blend of peppers, cauliflower, and carrots. I was sure I would hate it, because I don't like pickled anything, but this was amazing.





After you eat your veggies, your meal comes. Meg ordered the Kafta and I ordered a chicken kabob with a salad and hummus.



As you will notice from the photo, I received rice and hummus. The server apologized profusely, but I told her it was not necessary, because I have a speech impediment and she's not a native speaker, so I understand that these things happen. The hummus was delicious. To be fair, I love hummus and have yet to meet any that I didn't like. The chicken was tender, juicy, and flavorful. It is served with a cup of garlic sauce. Meg felt that it was too strong, but I thought it was perfectly complimentary.

We both left full and with to go boxes. We are definitely going back soon and I'd encourage you to try it if you have a taste for Middle Eastern food.

Petra is located at 4812 E Busch Blvd, Tampa, FL 33617.


Petra

No comments:

Post a Comment