Saturday, January 29, 2011

Simply Saturday

This morning, I slept in until eight. When you have a baby, that's practically a miracle. I spent most of the day taking in The Friday Night Knitting Club and watching movies. We watched Chaos Theory and Falling Down. I enjoyed Chaos Theory an awful lot. Ryan Reynolds starred in this film from 2007 and he just was perfect. There was none of that irritating overacting like in Waiting or The Proposal. Falling Down was sort of the twisted exact opposite of Chaos Theory, so it's strange that we saw them on the same day.

I made a carrot cake this morning. It was really good, especially considering that I'm not a big fan of carrot cake. If you want to check out the recipe the link is here.

I've been visiting the library an awful lot lately. I just finished Wicked Appetite which I loved by Janet Evanovich. I read the majority of her Stephanie Plum books last week. I also borrowed My Custom Van by Michael Ian Black. I can't really get into it. While I find his brand of ridiculously silly comedy amusing in short doses, the essay style is just hard for me to get into. It's kind of like reading the diary of Dwight Schrute on while he's on antidepressants.

I've requested The Flirt by Kathleen Tessaro thanks to my Books-A-Million Book-A-Day calendar. While I don't want to read every book they suggest, two or three of them a week peak my interest, so I go online and have them sent to my local branch.

That's pretty much all that's been going on in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment