Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Friday Night Knitting Club

I just finished The Friday Night Knitting Club. It didn't end the way I thought it would or the way I thought it should. It felt like I'd be reading this book forever and then, suddenly, it was finished.

The problem with my type of reading is that since I've used it as an escape tool for so long these characters feel very real and I feel like I have an emotional attachment to them. The few days it takes me to finish the book is just long enough for me to feel bonded with the characters. I'll admit that I cried.

The book itself is very good. It is everything the critics raved about on the cover. The description of New York City seem very accurate to someone who has only seen it in movies. The relationships between the characters are so real that you almost wonder who the author is basing them on. They have an amazing amount of substance.

It's hard to image that Kate Jacobs continued with a series, but she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment