Monday, May 17, 2010

Update: What the heck's been going on?!

Recently, work has been incredibly busy. My boss moved away from the office and all of my work time is actually 100% necessary for completing the work that I do. In the past, I had some time to jot things down. I feel like a neglectful pen pal.

As you all know, I got married a few months ago. I then moved into my husband's house. That has been an adjustment. I think that I underestimated the sheer volume of things that I would lose and things that would have to change. I still feel kind of overwhelmed by it, but it's getting better. My cats seem to have adjusted pretty well. Instead of sleeping with me, they sleep by the door. I've only about killed myself tripping on them a million times. You'd think I would remember them being there by now, but it's not really the first thing on my mind when I walk out of the door in the morning.

Now, we're having a baby. I mean, not this exact moment, but at the end of the year. This is a definite change. Max and Annie are completely thrilled. James and I are very happy about it, but I am nervous. I am not really concerned with my parenting skills or about labor and delivery. It just seems that the moment I have a baby that everything goes completely wrong. I am less worried about it this time, because I am a lot older. I know what to do in case of things hitting the fan. I know what I am capable of. I worry less about what to do if that happens and more about how to keep it from happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment