Monday, July 27, 2009

I'm back!

I was sick last week. I went home early for two days and then didn't come in at all on Friday. I was in and out of a fever. I slept more than I have in a long while. My cats watched over me in confusion as I drooled and sweated all over myself. On Friday, I was finally determined to go to the doctor. I got the info I needed and then I had to wait until I was the best I could be to drive. I was so dizzy and tired that I needed to be sure that I could not only get to the doctor, but make it back home.

I was diagnosed, by the perkiest human ever, as having a severe sinus infection. I was given a horsepill of antibiotics for the next ten days and told to take Mucinex with it. I was relieved.

I had to cancel seeing my children because I was too sick. I felt really guilty and sad, but promised to see them Sunday if I was better. I knew I made the right decision when I slept the majority of Saturday too. I never could have kept up with them for the whole time.

Sunday dawned and I was nearly me. I felt better than I had in a long while. I made arrangements to take the kids and Bob to lunch. I read the paper, relaxed, and then went for lunch with the kids. We went to Cafe Alfresco which was delicious. Our waiter was kind and patient with the children. The children ate everything on their plates. I had a very delicious mushroom omelette, which left me full and satisfied for nearly the rest of the day. We went to Strachan's for ice cream afterwards and I had the chocolate chunk. It was hellagood.

Sunday evening, Bob and I visited our favorite resatraunt, Vallarta's. It was the same as it always is and we had a good time talking about Ponkeys and chaps. I was accused of being less funny than usual, but after explaining that I NEARLY DIED or something this week, I was cut some slack. MEN! Actually, I had a wonderful time. It might have been the first time that I felt back to normal. Bob caught me humming several times during dinner. I generally save that for when I am happily baking, but I felt great and day dreamy.

Today, it's back to life, back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment